Ainsworth Hot Springs is a sleepy little community of only 100 year-round residents, boasting one of the most unique Hot Springs and Natural Caves in the world. Nestled alongside the pristine Kootenay Lake, within the Selkirk Mountain Range, these are the Top Ten Things To Do:
- Luxuriate in the Ainsworth Hot Springs Pools & Cave Year-round.
- Hiking or Cross-country Ski Trails surround Ainsworth and area.
- Swim (July-Sept.) or Fish the Kootenay Lake (year-round) for the famous Kokanee (land-locked Salmon) or Gerrard Rainbow.
- Rent an affordable boat or ATV nearby to explore the Kootenay Lake or Kokanee Glacier trails.
- Explore the Cody Caves underground network of caverns (July & August).
- Visit various artisans, ghost towns and museums in and around Ainsworth Hot Springs.
- Golf the incredible Golf Courses surrounding Ainsworth such as Kokanee Springs Golf Resort, Balfour Golf Course, Kaslo Golf Course, all within a 15-60 minute drive (May through October).
- Take a short drive to the neighbouring Hot Springs of Nakusp and Halceon.
- Enjoy the magnificent scenery as you Bicycle or Motorcycle Highway #31, between Ainsworth and New Denver, voted the No. #1 Cycling Route In Canada.
- Enjoy traditional celebrations such as Canada Day, May Days and Jazz Fest that happen in a BIG City fashion, but with a small town personality and friendliness, welcoming visitors from around the globe.
Entry Courtesy of Mermaid Lodge & Motel.