- Hike the trail at Helliwell Provincial park. Free admission, easy trail (5kms). Recommend doing it in clock-wise direction for best view of cliffs . Allow time for photos along the way. Lots of great views, including old growth forest, spectacular coastline, seals, flowers. hint: take binoculars if you have them for watching the seals and sea lions.
- Hornby Island Blues Society puts on several events throughout the year, including a Blues workshop in May featuring several renowned Canadian blues musicians as instructors. hornby-blues.bc.ca/concerts/
- Enjoy a great dinner at the Sea Breeze Restaurant. They also have great housekeeping cabins and a hot tub tucked into the cliffside!
- Tribune Bay Provincial park, beautiful beach, great picnic spot. New cedar pit toilets.
- Tour local wineries. Friendly people, Highlighted on tourist map guide, pick up from ferry terminal.
Additional Tip: Co-op store at centre of “town” is good place to pick up groceries, gas, beer, wine. Be sure to note hours though as they are limited, especially in shoulder seasons.