Top 5 Reasons to Visit Fernie in Winter and Summer
Fernie is for Families and for Friends. It’s for Fans of skiing and riding, for Free-stylers and Fast downhillers, for Fresh tracks throughout the day and for Fine dining and Fun in the evenings.
Before you come, make sure you book accommodation, before you leave this winter you should:
- Take the new chair to the top of Polar Peak and experience Fernie’s epic powder for even longer vertical than before!
- Drive out to Island Lake Lodge and discover some of best snowshoeing in BC.
- Get up before the rest with a first tracks package and make the freshest lines while everyone is still yawning over their morning coffee.
- Cross-country ski up to Birch Meadows for incredible cheese fondue.
- Relax in a hot tub or heat up in the sauna before you head out to one of the local eateries or bars.
Fernie’s summers are the thing of dreams. Long, warm sunny days filled with outdoor adventures and new experiences, and light evenings
Before you come, book accommodation, before you leave this summer:
- Take your breath away riding some of Fernie’s choice of stunning single track trails, from easy blues, to technical blacks.
- Hike up the iconic Mount Fernie, or get Nature Bob to show you the wildlife, flora and fauna up at the resort.
- Experience the thrill of class four rapids, rafting down the Raging Elk with expert guides.
- With the best Cut Throat Trout fishing in North America, a local guide can show you the most abundant spots on the river.
- Bring your clubs (or hire a set here) so you can enjoy one of the most picturesque Golf courses in the Rockies.
- Get the best of the views as you float the quieter section of the Elk from Hosmor to Fernie, taking in the awesome mountain scenery as you drift along.