Desolation Resort is near Powell River and Lund on the Sunshine Coast and shares these five top tips for the Powell River area.
- If you go to Lund, go to Savary Island too. Its white sand beaches and warm waters are sure to attract the whole family. Relax on the beach! Lund Water Taxi departs on the hour. It’s a short trip and well worth it.
- A few excellent restaurants are nearby. Dining in Lund is a unique experience with incredible views. Wine and dine and behold the sunset!
- Kayak adventures are plentifully available in Okeover and Lund with Terra Centric Adventures, Powell River Sea Kayak, and Footprints Nature Explorations. There is a variety of 3 hour, full day and multiday sea kayak tours to choose from, weaving the way through the islands and inlets to Savary Island, or Desolation Sound. Zodiac tours, as well as dinner cruises aboard a yacht, are also fun options! Get out on the water – it’s too pretty to miss!
- The Sunshine Coast Trail is a big attraction. It’s the longest hut to hut hiking trail, and meanders through exquisite mountain views and forest paths. People come from all over the world to hike it.
- The Powell River Canoe route offers a wilderness experience like no other. Pretty lakes joined by well maintained portages make up a 4 day loop excursion to remember.